Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Even You can't help with depression

It’s days like this where I wake right up. There’s none of the usual grogginess or falling back asleep. I’m just awake and empty, leaving the sweet caress of gentle dreams and entering my nightmarish reality.
It’s days like this that I can lie there forever because there is no energy or desire to get up.
It’s days like this where every breath is a battle. There’s a tightness in my chest, a heaviness, like there’s 500 pounds crushing my lungs. I have to tell myself to breathe in and out and even then the air feels like acid, burning, prolonging the crushing, the inevitable.
It’s days like this where I can’t stomach anything. I’m not hungry and food just makes me feel sick. I sit at the lunch table with my head in my arms and sometimes Jacob will hold my hand but often he just leaves me alone. You would’ve tried to talk to me. You would’ve made it worse.
It’s days like these that are the hardest and that make me want to give up.

1 comment: